Thursday, July 18, 2013

SUNDAY XVI

VII-21-13; MUSIC FOR HOLY MASS

Numbers for this Sunday will once again be from the Maroon hymnal.

Alleluia and Mass Ordinary will be the same throughout July and August.

Entrance hymn: 326 To the Name of our salvation (Listen)
- Hymn linked is Joseph, be our guide and pattern, which uses the same tune.

Responsorial Psalm: He who does justice will live in the presence of the Lord, music by Owen Alstott (melody can be found in the missalette under July 21)
 
Offertory hymn: 438, first tune I need thee every hour (Listen)
 
Communion anthem: Jesus, my Lord, my God, my All, music by Mother Alexis Donnelly of the Sisters of Mercy.  Special thanks to David Sylvester, my predecessor and good friend, for furnishing me the music to this.
 
Meditation hymn: 462, first tune Jesus, the very thought of thee (Listen)
 
Recessional hymn: 355, first tune All hail the pow'r of Jesus' Name (Listen)
- Sorry, we don't use crashing cymbals.  But a nice triumphant tune just the same without them. ;)
 
Peace,
BMP