Thursday, March 20, 2014

THIRD SUNDAY OF LENT

March 23, 2014

I could call this "key of D day", as three of the hymns are short tunes that are in the key of D. (LOL)

MUSIC FOR HOLY MASS

Numbers are all in the Maroon hymnal ("The Hymnal").  All of these hymns have been sung pretty much regularly, so I didn't include listen links this time.  If you must, you'll find some in previous posts.

Sung Ordinary of the Mass and Gospel Acclamation are the same as the last couple of Sundays.

Entrance hymn: Praise to the Holiest in the height, #343, first tune

Psalm 95: If today you hear his voice, harden not your hearts, music by Owen Alstott
- music as written in the Missalette for March 23.

Offertory hymn: When I survey the wondrous cross, #337

Communion anthem: My God, my Father, while I stray, music by A.H. Troyte and Nicola Montani
- taken from the St. Gregory Hymnal and Catholic Choir Book, 1940's supplement. 

Meditation hymn: Blest are the pure in heart, #418

Recessional hymn: Jesus, Name all names above, #342

Peace,
BMP