Thursday, June 11, 2015

THREE-DAY WEEKEND 2 of 2

The second of two action-packed three-day weekends here at Sacred Heart.
This Friday (June 12) is the Solemnity of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, Patron of our parish.  Mass is at 6 PM, and the brass trio will be on hand.  Mass will conclude with Benediction.
The weekend is a return to numbered Sundays of Ordinary Time (or to be more precise, "Ordered Time"), with this Sunday being the Eleventh Sunday, or for short, "Sunday XI".  Much of the music for the weekend Masses, albeit without brass, is the same as the music for Friday.

MUSIC FOR HOLY MASS

Sung Ordinary of the Mass and Alleluia are the same as last weekend.

Solemnity of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus
Friday, June 12, 6 PM

Entrance hymn: O Sacred Heart, O Love divine, on sheet provided
Responsory (Isaiah 12): You will draw water joyfully from the springs of salvation, musical setting by yours truly
Offertory anthem: Cor Jesu Trinitatis, sung to an altered form of the tune Gott Soll Gepriesen 
Communion anthem: I cieli immensi, music by Benedetto Marcello
- The text, sung in Italian, is from the beginning of Psalm 19 (The heavens declare the glory of God).
Benediction music:
- Jesus, my Lord, my God, my All, Worship, #488
- Tantum Ergo, Worship, #758, in Latin
Recessional hymn: To Jesus' Heart, All-Burning, on sheet provided

Sunday XI
Saturday, June 13, 5 PM; Sunday, June 14, 7:30, 9, and 11:15 AM

Entrance hymn: O Sacred Heart, O Love divine, on sheet provided
Psalm 92: Lord, it is good to give thanks to you, music by Richard Rice
Offertory anthem: To Christ, the Prince of Peace, Worship #491
Communion anthem: Cor Jesu Trinitatis, sung to an altered form of the tune Gott Soll Gepriesen 
Meditation hymn: Jesus, my Lord, my God, my All, Worship, #488
Recessional hymn: To Jesus' Heart, All-Burning, on sheet provided

Before I close, let me take the time to congratulate all those who graduated from high school or college.  I'm happy to announce that my youngest daughter, Brittany, is graduating just two hours from the time I write this.

Peace,
BMP