Thursday, March 15, 2018

V Lent, St. Joseph, and ZEPPOLES!!!

This three-day weekend consists of the Fifth Sunday of Lent and the Solemnity of St. Joseph, Spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Monday, March 19).

MUSIC FOR HOLY MASS

The Fifth Sunday of Lent
Saturday, III-17, at 5 PM; Sunday, III-18, at 7:30, 9, and 11:15 AM

Ordinary:Kyrie "Laus Tibi Christe" (Federico Caudana)
Sanctus/Agnus: Mass XVII
Memorial: Save us, Savior of the World (ICEL chant)
Amen: adapted from Sanctus VIII

Psalm 51: R./ Create a clean heart in me, O God (BMP, adapted from Parce, Domine, Mode I) (PDF)
Gospel Acclamation "Vexilla Regis" (BMP) (PDF)

Hymns, etc.:
O love, how deep, how broad, how high (Maroon hymnal, #344)
O sacred head (Maroon hymnal, #75)
(7:30 only) R./ Any man who serves me... (BMP) (PDF)
(except 7:30) My God, my Father, while I stray (Troyte/Montani)
- NOTE: This hymn is in the St. Gregory Hymnal and Catholic Choir Book supplement.
O Savior, precious Savior (Maroon hymnal, #349) (Listen)
 NOTE: This tune is known in The Hymnal 1940 as "Watermouth", but is also known as "Angel's Story", the title which I first learned this as.
We sing the praise of him who died (Maroon hymnal, #340)

St. Joseph, Spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Monday, III-19, at 9 AM, followed by ZEPPOLES!!!

Ordinary:
Kyrie "Laus Tibi Christe" (Federico Caudana)
Sanctus/Agnus: Mass XVIII
Memorial: Save us, Savior of the World (ICEL chant)
Amen: adapted from Sanctus VIII

Psalm 89: R./ The Son of David will live for ever (BMP) (PDF)
Gospel Acclamation "Vexilla Regis" (BMP) (PDF)

Hymns, etc.:
Joseph, be our guide and pattern (Worship hymnal, #693)
Come now, and praise the humble saint (Worship hymnal, #694)
Jesus, my Lord, my God, my all (Worship hymnal, #488)
Holy patron, thee saluting (Missalette, #105)

Quod scripsi, scripsi!
BMP