Tuesday, March 10, 2020

III, IV, and V Lent, and St. Joseph Day

MUSIC FOR HOLY MASS

ORDINARY OF THE MASS:
Kyrie: recited or Laus Tibi Christe (Federico Caudana)
Gloria: recited or Mass VIII (St. Joseph Day ONLY; omitted on all other dates listed here)
The Credo will be RECITED for the time being
Sanctus and Agnus Dei: Mass VIII on St. Joseph Day; Mass XVII on the Sundays; Mass XVIII on First Friday
Memorial Acclamation: Save us, savior of the world (missalette, #12, page 93)
Amen: adapted from Sanctus VIII

Third Sunday of Lent
Saturday, III-14, at 5 PM; Sunday, III-15, at 7:30, 9, and 11:15 AM

Entrance hymn: Praise to the Holiest in the height (Maroon hymnal, #342, first tune)
Psalm 95: R./ If today you hear his voice, harden not your hearts (missalette, page 72)
Gospel Acclamation "Vexilla Regis" (BMP) (PDF)
Offertory hymn: I heard the voice of Jesus say (Worship hymnal, #607)
Communion music:
- (11:15) My God, my Father, while I stray (Montani/Troyte)
- (all others) R./ He who drinks the water I shall give shall have a well within him springing unto eternal life, says the Lord (BMP) (PDF)
Recessional hymn: Jesus, Name all names above (Maroon hymnal, #342)

St. Joseph, Spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Thursday, III-19, at 9 AM, followed by ZEPPOLES!

Entrance hymn: Joseph, be our guide and pattern (Worship hymnal, #693)
Psalm 89: R./ The Son of David will live for ever (BMP) (PDF)
Gospel Acclamation "Vexilla Regis" (BMP) (PDF)
Offertory hymn: Come now and praise the humble saint (Worship hymnal, #694)
Communion responsory: Psalm 27, R./ Did you not know that I must be about my Father's business (BMP) (PDF)
Recessional hymn: Holy Patron, thee saluting (missalete, #106)

Fourth Sunday of Lent (Laetare Sunday)
Saturday, III-21, at 5 PM; Sunday, III-22, at 7:30, 9, and 11:15 AM

Entrance hymn: God, whose almighty word (Worship hymnal, #486)
Psalm 23: R./ The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want (Alstott)
Gospel Acclamation "Vexilla Regis" (BMP) (PDF)
Offertory hymn: The King of love my shepherd is (Worship hymnal, #609)
Communion music:
- (11:15) Jesu, salvator noster (Rossini)
- (all others) R./ Psalm 27. I began to see, and I put my faith in God (BMP) (PDF)
Recessional hymn: Your hands, O Lord, in days of old (Worship hymnal, #750)

Fifth Sunday of Lent
Saturday, III-28, at 5 PM; Sunday, III-29, at 7:30, 9, and 11:15 AM

Entrance hymn: When I survey the wondrous cross (Maroon hymnal, #337)
Psalm 130: R./ With the Lord there is mercy, and fullness of redemption (Schmitt) (PDF)
Gospel Acclamation "Vexilla Regis" (BMP) (PDF)
Offertory hymn: Abide with me (Maroon hymnal, #467)
Communion music:
- (11:15) We give immortal praise (Watts/"Love Unknown")
- (all others) Psalm 130, R./ Out he came, hands and feet bound, he who had been dead four days (BMP) (PDF)
Recessional hymn: There is a green hill far away (Maroon hymnal, #65, first tune)

Quod scripsi, scripsi!
BMP