Ordinary of the Mass:
- Holy Angels Mass (BMP) (Gl, Mem A)
- Mass for Christian Unity (Jan Vermulst) (Sanc, Ag)
- Dresden Amen
Entrance hymn: Christ for the world, we sing (Maroon hymnal, #537)
Psalm 138: R./ Lord, on the day I called for help, you answered me (page 32 in missalette)
Offertory hymn: Faith of our fathers (Maroon hymnal, #393)
Music during Communion:
- (Responsory): Psalm 31, R./ Ask and you shall receive; seek and you shall find (BMP) (PDF)
- (or Anthem): Jesus, my Lord, my God, my All (Mother Alexis Donnelly, RSM)
- SIDE NOTE: A couple of weeks ago, my wife Ann and I were taking a scenic drive through northern Cumberland into Plainville, Massachusetts. Off one of the back roads, where the Mount St. Rita Health Center is (once owned and operated by the Sisters of Mercy), there is a small street, Alexis Donnelly Way, named after the composer of the above anthem.Meditation hymn: Come with us, O blessed Jesus (Maroon hymnal, #211) (Listen)
- Same tune as the beloved J.S. Bach classic, "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring"
Recessional hymn: From all that dwell below the skies (Maroon hymnal, #277)
- Same tune as "All people that on earth do dwell". In this particular hymn, the familiar doxology, "Praise God from whom all blessings flow" is the third and final verse.
Striving to keep the "Holy" in "Holy Mass", I remain,
PS: Quod scripsi, scripsi! ;) (HA! Bet you thought I was gonna leave that out, didn't ya?!)