Saturday, February 16, 2013

SUNDAY I OF LENT

II-17-13

MUSIC FOR HOLY MASS:

All numbers are found in the Maroon hymnal, except where noted.

Entrance hymn: 59 Lord, who throughout these forty days (our entrance from Ash Wednesday)

Kyrie: Messa Populare "Laus Tibi Christe", music by Federico Caudana.
- We used this last year during Lent, and will continue this practice this year as well, at the very least, during Masses celebrated by Father Bucci.

There is NO Gloria during Lent, except during solemnities (e.g., St. Joseph, March 19)

Responsorial Psalm: Be with me, Lord, when I am in trouble, music by Alexander Peloquin (refrain) and Joseph Gelineau, SJ (verses).  You can find this in Worship at #789.

Gospel Acclamation: Glory and praise to you, Lord Jesus Christ, same as Ash Wednesday.

Offertory hymn: 415 (First Tune) Jesus, lover of my soul (Listen)
- This hymn is equally ideal for funeral Masses, and I have used it quite a few times at funerals at Sacred Heart.

Sanctus through Agnus Dei: same as Ash Wednesday.

Communion anthem: My song is love unknown, music by John Ireland.
- Though we are singing this as an anthem, you may still follow along in Worship, #439.

Meditation hymn: 438 (First Tune) I need thee every hour (Listen)

Recessional hymn: 342 Jesus, Name all names above (Listen)
- The link only plays about half the hymn, but I'm sure most have heard/sung this before.  This hymn has become a favorite of mine since first hearing it from my predecessor (and good friend), Dave Sylvester.

Peace,
BMP