Numbers refer to the Maroon hymnal ("The Hymnal").
The sung Ordinary of the Mass (Gloria, if sung, and from Sanctus to Agnus Dei), and the Alleluia before the Gospel are the same as the past three weeks.
Entrance hymn: 282 Praise, my soul, the King of heaven (Listen)
- Note about the performance on the listen link: the two organists preforming this at the Methuen Music Hall (Methuen, Massachusetts) are using the grandiose Aeolian-Skinner pipe organ of the Hall, and a smaller Rodgers digital organ (our organ at Sacred Heart is a Rodgers). The two performers themselves, Douglas Marshall and David Ogeltree, are partners of an organ firm that until not long ago was the New England representatives for the Rodgers Organ Company. They have been concentrating as of late on building their own digital organs, many to high-profile clients such as Ave Maria University, Florida, and Trinity (Episcopal) Wall Street, New York City.
Responsorial Psalm: Lord, forgive the wrong I have done, music by Fr. Samuel Weber, OSB
- Fr. Weber is at the Institute of Sacred Music at the Kenrick-Glennon Seminary in St. Louis, Missouri. Many of his settings, like those of Richard Rice that we often use, are chant-style.
Offertory hymn: 415 (First tune) Jesus, lover of my soul (Listen)
- An Advent-themed tune, titled Watchman, tell us of the night, often is sung to this tune as well.
Communion anthem: 431 In heav'nly love abiding
- Being used as an anthem by our duet for this weekend, but can also be used as a hymn. Number here is given. Feel free to sing along. ;)
Meditation hymn: 418 Blest are the pure in heart (Listen)
Recessional hymn: on sheets in the pew, To Jesus' Heart, all-burning
- Reminder: please leave the sheets in the pew when Holy Mass is finished.