Choral prelude will begin roughly 20 minutes before each Mass.
All Masses Ordinary Form.
Elaine Previte, soprano; Kate Warrener, alto; Christopher Cate (newcomer), tenor; yours truly, bass
Gerry Heroux, French horn; Doug Wood, Ed Lapierre, and Al Testa, trumpets
- (Ed on Christmas Eve, Al on Christmas Day)
MUSIC FOR PRELUDE:
(4:40 and 10:10 PM on Christmas Eve, 8:40 and 10:55 AM on Christmas Day)
1. Tu scendi dalle stelle (traditional Italian)
2. Tollite hostias (Camille Saint-Saëns)
3. Bel Bambino (Italian, arr. by Providence's own C. Alexander Peloquin)
4. Coventry Carol (arr. Martin Shaw)
5. La Pastorale di Couperin (Antonio Allegra)
MUSIC FOR HOLY MASS:
Ordinary of the Mass: Mass of the Shepherds (Pietro Yon)
- plus the memorial acclamation Mortem tuam annuntiamus, Domine and the Dresden Amen.
Alleluia: based on the chant tune Divinum Mysterium.
All numbers given are in the Red Worship hymnal.
Entrance hymn: O come, all ye faithful, #392 (verse 1 in Latin, followed by verses 1-4 in English)
- arrangement by David Willcocks
Psalm 96: Today is born our Savior, Christ the Lord, music by Richard Proulx (response) and Pére Joseph Gelineau (versicles)
Offertory hymn: Hark! the herald angels sing, #387, arrangement by David Willcocks
Communion anthem: Hallelujah!, from "Messiah" by Georg Frederick Handel
Meditation hymn: Silent night, #379
Recessional hymn: Joy to the world, #399, verses 1, 2, and 4
On behalf of our music department, my own family, and myself, best wishes to all who read this for a very happy and blessed Christmas season!