MUSIC FOR HOLY MASS
The Ordinary of the Mass:
Gloria: recited or Holy Angels Mass (BMP)
Sanctus: Heritage Mass (Alstott)
Memorial Acclamation: We proclaim your death, O Lord from Holy Angels Mass (BMP)
Amen and Agnus Dei: Heritage Mass (Alstott)
Alleluia: Alstott (A-flat chant style)
Prelude, Elevations, and Postlude: Improvisations on the Wandering Tone
To the Name of our salvation, Maroon hymnal, #326
- Same tune as Joseph, be our Guide and Pattern, which we sing on the St. Joseph solemnity.
Psalm 138: R./ Lord, on the day I called for help, you answered me (Alstott)
- Music as written in the missalette, page 40.
Christ for the world, we sing, Maroon hymnal, #537
- Same tune as Come, thou almighty King as found in the Worship hymnal, but with a minor alteration in two measures toward the end.
Jesus, my Lord, my God, my All (Mother Alexis Donnelly, RSM)
- More on Mother Alexis and her connection to Providence (and one of my former parishes) here. I inherited this piece from my predecessor, the "venerable" Dave Sylvester.
God himself is with us (stanzas 1 and 3), Maroon hymnal, #477
Ye holy angels bright, Maroon hymnal, #600
- Same tune as Rejoice, the Lord is King, which we often sung.