Saturday, February 8, 2020

The Three-Day Weekend

Sorry so late.  Mea culpa!

MUSIC FOR HOLY MASS

Ordinary:
Holy Angels Mass (BMP) (Gl/Mem)
Mass for Christian Unity (Jan Vermulst) (Sa/Ag)
Dresden Amen

Alleluia: Theodore Marier

The rest:

First Friday (Sacred Heart Community Mass)
Friday, II-7, at 6 PM

Entrance: O Sacred Heart, O Love Divine
Psalm 18: R./ Blessed be God, my salvation (Tone 8G)
Offertory: Cor dulce, Cor amabile
Communion: Panis Angelicus (Cesar Franck)
Recessional: To Jesus' Heart, all-burning

My apologies for forgetting to put the Sacred Heart hymn sheets out this evening.  By the time I realized it, I had already started the entrance hymn.  Most of you regulars know the refrains on these anyways. ;)

Sunday V of the Year
Saturday, II-8, at 5 PM; Sunday, II-9, at 7:30, 9, and 11:15 AM

Entrance: When morning gilds the skies (Maroon hymnal, #367)
Psalm 112: R./ The just man is a light in darkness to the upright (BMP) (PDF)
Offertory: O Jesus, I have promised (Maroon hymnal, #570, second tune)
Communion:
- (11:15) Laudate Dominum (Giuseppe Pitoni)
- (all others) Ps. 42, R./ I will go to the altar of God; praise the God of my joy (Worship hymnal, #38, antiphon I)
Meditation: Blest are the pure in heart (Maroon hymnal, #418)
Recessional: O worship the King (Maroon hymnal, #288)

Quod scripsi, scripsi!
BMP