NOTE: No Gloria on Friday.
SACRED HEART COMMUNITY MASS
(First Friday) 6 PM; V-2-14
Entrance hymn: Christ the Lord is ris'n today, Maroon, #95, second tune (Listen)
- As this will also be the recessional for the weekend, those attending the First Friday Mass will have a head start on this hymn.
Psalm 27: One thing I seek: to dwell in the house of the Lord, Psalm Tone 5
- see Daily Mass section of missalette for May 2 for complete text.
Offertory hymn: At the Lamb's high feast we sing, Maroon, #89
- same tune as the Epiphany hymn Songs of thankfulness and praise, which we have used before.
Communion responsory: O Filii et Filiae (your response: Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia), Mode II
- Translation: see O Sons and Daughters, Maroon, #99 or Worship #447
Recessional hymn: Jesus Christ is ris'n today, Maroon #85
THIRD SUNDAY OF EASTER; V-4-14
Entrance hymn: Jesus lives, thy terrors now, Maroon, #88 (Listen)
Psalm 16: Lord, you will show us the path of life, music by Owen Alstott
- music as written in the missalette for May 4.
Offertory hymn: O Sons and Daughters, Maroon, #99
- Same tune as the Latin counterpart, O Filii et Filiae, from Friday, but with some rhythymic alterations.
Communion anthem: Omni Die Dic Mariae/Daily, daily, sing to Mary
- Alternating Latin and English verses, the latter is a translation of the former.
Meditation hymn: Christians to the Paschal Victim, Maroon, #97
Recessional hymn: Christ the Lord is ris'n today, Maroon, #95
- Scroll up to First Friday's entrance hymn in this same post for the listen link.