Wednesday, November 26, 2014

THANKSGIVING DAY 2014

Happy Thanksgiving to all family, friends, parishioners, co-workers (singers and horn section, as well as other parish staff), and of course our pastor, Father Bucci.  I thank you all for another great year of music and your support thereof, and I wish blessings on all who read this.

Also a Happy Thanksgiving to some of my favorite visiting priests who have said Mass here on occasion, some more than others: namely Father Albert Marcello, Father Chris Feeney, Father Derek Puleo, and Father Peter Mongeon.

Today I post the music for our 9 AM Thanksgiving Day Mass, in the Ordinary Form.  I will have the hymns in time to post this weekend's music (First Sunday of Advent in both forms) on Friday.

MUSIC FOR HOLY MASS

Sung Ordinary of the Mass: Laus Tibi Christe (for one final time until June).
- Note: Gloria is omitted.
Alleluia: from Christ is the King, Worship, #500

Entrance hymn: We gather together, Maroon, #315
Psalm 113: Blessed be the Name of the Lord for ever, Psalm Tone 8G
Offertory hymn: Come, ye thankful people, come, Maroon, #137
Communion anthem: Sing to the Lord of harvest, tune: "Wie Lieblich ist der Maien"
Meditation hymn: Jesus, my Lord, my God, my All, Worship, #488
Recessional hymn: Now thank we all our God, Worship, #560

Peace,
BMP