Tuesday, March 17, 2015

ST. JOSEPH, HUSBAND OF MARY

This Thursday (March 19), we celebrate the Solemnity of St. Joseph, Husband of the Blessed Virgin Mary, with Holy Mass at 9 AM, and some tasty Zeppoles downstairs afterward.

Sung Ordinary of the Mass and Gospel Acclamation same as the previous four Sundays, with one addition: the Gloria from Mass VIII.  Though the Gloria is usually omitted during Lent, it is included only on Solemnities.  There are only two Solemnities in Lent: St. Joseph (March 19) and the Annunciation of the Lord (March 25).  Those solemnities are moved, however if they fall on a Sunday or during Holy Week.

See last year's post for listen links.

Entrance hymn: Joseph, be our guide and pattern, Worship, #693
Psalm 89: The Son of David will live for ever, music written by the trio of me, myself, and I
Offertory hymn: Come now and praise the humble saint, Worship, #694
Communion hymn: Jesus, my Lord, my God, my All, Worship, #488
Recessional hymn: Holy Patron, thee saluting, Missalette, #108

Some time Thursday afternoon, I'll have the weekend music posted.

Peace,
BMP