Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Sunday XXIV

Two of the hymns are tunes that are also sung with hymns we have sung before.

MUSIC FOR HOLY MASS

Mass Ordinary:
Gloria: recited or Holy Angels Mass (BMP) (weekend Masses only)
Sanctus: A Community Mass (Richard Proulx)
Memorial Acclamation C: Holy Angels Mass (BMP)
Amen and Agnus Dei: A Community Mass (Richard Proulx)

Psalm 51: R./ I will rise and go to my Father (Royce Nickel) (PDF)
Alleluia: Twynham

Voluntaries:
Prelude: improvisation on Southwell
Elevations: improvisation on Parce, Domine (Mode I)
Postlude: improvisation on two settings of Christus Vincit (Ambrosian and my own, as a hybrid)

Hymns, etc.
From all that dwell below the skies, Worship hymnal, #521
- We also sing Jesus shall reign to this tune.
Our Father, we have wandered, Worship hymnal, #755
- We also sing O sacred Head to this tune.
My song is love unknown (John Ireland)
- This is our anthem during Communion.  However, if you wish to join, the hymn is in the Worship hymnal, #439.
Have mercy, Lord, on us, Worship hymnal, #753 (Listen)
- My first time using this tune, but extremely easy to sing.
The Star-Spangled Banner, Worship hymnal, #761

Peace,
BMP