Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Sunday XXXII

Looking for a few good singers to form a choir for the 11:15 Mass on Sundays. So far, got one. Need more! Feel free to come upstairs and see me (Brian Page, organist) after any weekend Mass!

MUSIC FOR HOLY MASS

Ordinary of the Mass: Messa Populare "Laus Tibi Christe" (Federico Caudana)
Alleluia: from Gelobt sei Gott (Melchior Vulpius)
- (aka the tune used for the hymn Christ is the King)

The rest:
Entrance hymn: God of our fathers (Maroon hymnal, #143)
Psalm 146: R./ Praise the Lord, my soul (BMP) (PDF)
Offertory hymn: Almighty Father, strong to save (Maroon hymnal, #513) (Listen)
- (This is familiarly known as The Navy Hymn.)
Psalm 23 (Communion): R./ The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want (BMP) (PDF)
Meditation hymn: I vow to thee, my country (on sheets provided) (Listen)
- (The hymn itself is popular in the UK, but has good relevance here in the USA in the first verse.  The second verse, which sings of "another country", refers to heaven.  The music is part of the movement "Jupiter" in Gustav Holst's The Planets.)
Recessional hymn: My country, 'tis of thee (Maroon hymnal, #141)

Quod scripsi, scripsi!
BMP