1) Looking for a few good singers to form a choir for the 11:15 Mass on Sundays. So far, got one. Need more! Feel free to come upstairs and see me (Brian Page, organist) after any weekend Mass!
2) Don't forget the BAZAAR: Friday from noon to 7 PM, Saturday from 10 AM to 7 PM!
All Saints, All Souls, and Sunday XXXI, all in one little bundle!
MUSIC FOR HOLY MASS
Ordinary of the Mass:
- (except All Souls): Messa Populare "Laus Tibi Christe" (Federico Caudana)
- (All Souls only): Mass XVIII pro defunctis
- (except All Souls): from Gelobt sei Gott (Melchior Vulpius)
- - These are the alleluias sung at the end of each stanza of the hymn "Christ is the King"
- (All Souls only): Theodore Marier
All Saints (Holy Day of Obligation)
Thursday XI-1 at 9 AM and 7 PM
Entrance hymn: For all the saints (Worship hymnal, #705)
Psalm 24: R./ Lord, this is the people that longs to see your face (Carroll/Gelineau)
Offertory hymn: By all your saints still striving (Worship hymnal, #706)
Communion responsory: R./ Remember, Lord, thy servants, when thou dost take thy throne (BMP) (PDF)
Recessional hymn: Ye watchers and ye holy ones (Worship hymnal, #707)
Commemoration of the Faithful Departed (All Souls)
Friday XI-2 at 9 AM and 6:30 PM
Entrance antiphon: Requiem aeternam (Mode VI)
Psalm 23: R./ The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want (BMP) (PDF)
Offertory hymn: Jesus, Son of Mary (Maroon hymnal, #223)
Communion responsory: R./ May light eternal shine upon them, O Lord... (BMP, adapted from Lux Aeterna) (PDF)
Recessional hymn: In Paradisum (Worship hymnal, #178, in Latin)
Sunday XXXI of the Year
Saturday XI-3 at 5 PM; Sunday XI-4 at 7:30, 9, and 11:15 AM
Entrance hymn: Immortal, invisible, God only wise (Worship hymnal, #512)
Psalm 18: I love you, Lord, my strength (Schmitt) (PDF)
Offertory hymn: Sing praise to God who reigns above (Worship hymnal, #528)
Communion responsory: R./ Lord, you will show us the path of life (BMP) (PDF)
Meditation hymn: To Christ, the Prince of Peace (Worship hymnal, #491)
Recessional hymn: From all that dwell below the skies (Worship hymnal, #521)
Quod scripsi, scripsi!