Also, Pope Francis is formally installed!!!
Also, after Mass, go down to the hall and get some zeppoles. (Did I spell that right?)
MUSIC FOR HOLY MASS
Numbers given are in the Red (Worship) hymnal.
Entrance hymn: 693 Joseph, be our guide and pattern (Listen)
- Same tune as another hymn we do, To the Name of our salvation. However, we don't sing this tune as slowly as on the link provided. ;)
Kyrie: same as on the Sundays of Lent
Gloria (if sung): Mass VIII
- Normally the Gloria is omitted during Lent. That is, except on solemnities, such as this.
Responsorial Psalm: The Son of David will live for ever, music by yours truly (Listen)
- This is the same tune as another antiphon we've used with the same Psalm, For ever I will sing the goodness of the Lord.
Gospel Acclamation: same as on the Sundays of Lent
Offertory hymn: 694 Come now, and praise the humble saint (Listen)
- Some may be familiar with another hymn that uses this early American tune. That hymn is Jerusalem, my happy home. The name of the tune is Land of Rest.
Sanctus through Agnus Dei: same as on the Sundays of Lent
Communion hymn: 488 Jesus, my Lord, my God, my All
Recessional hymn: Long live the Pope (on the sheets provided in the pew rack)
- We sang this on Sunday March 17.