Thursday, August 28, 2014

SUNDAY XXII

MUSIC FOR HOLY MASS

Sung Ordinary of the Mass and Alleluia: same as previous few weeks.
Starting Friday, September 5 (First Friday), we will use Holy Angels Mass (the laminated card inside the book rack in the pews) for all of the sung Ordinary.  More on that Mass setting in next week's post.  We have sung the Gloria from the laminated card sporadically over the last couple of months.

All numbers given are in the red Worship hymnal.

Entrance hymn: When morning gilds the skies, #675 (Listen)

Psalm 63: My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord, my God, music by Fr. Samuel Weber, OSB
- Some may have heard this setting sung at a funeral Mass here and there.

Offertory hymn: Take up your cross, the Savior said, #634

Communion anthem: Jesus, my Lord, my God, my All, music by Mother Alexis Donnelly, RSM

Meditation hymn: Omitted this weekend, due to speaker after Communion

Recessional hymn: Lift high the cross, #704

Peace,
BMP